Terminal Construction Information
Syracuse Hancock International Airport is excited about the major improvements that are coming to our airport. The first phase of the project is the demolition of the canopy over the curbside pick up and drop off areas in front of the terminal, followed by a new facade and canopy for the front of the airport. Because of this construction in front of the terminal, the existing curbside area will be closed in the short-term. Please see the information below to learn how that will affect your travel to the airport.
The roadway immediately in front of the passenger terminal will be closed for the duration of the project. Passengers will still be able to park in the garage and the open lot and rental car return in the garage will not be affected.
Drivers who are picking up or dropping off passengers only may do so near baggage claim at both Terminal A and Terminal B. Just follow signs as you approach the airport to see where you need to turn.
Parking and Rental Cars
- Turn RIGHT at the stoplight at Constellation Way and follow Air Cargo Rd. Follow signs to access the parking garage, open lot, and rental car pick up and return.
Passenger Pick Up/Drop Off
- For Delta and United pick up and drop off, turn LEFT at the stoplight onto Constellation Way North.
- For JetBlue, American, Allegiant, and Air Canada, turn RIGHT at the stoplight onto Constellation Way South.
Best Western Hotel
- Turn RIGHT at Constellation Way and follow Air Cargo Rd. to the entrance to the hotel on the left.
The center of the terminal will be closed off to passengers for the remainder of the project to accommodate major improvements to the entire front lobby. Passengers will need to enter the terminal through the far north and south entrances. Once inside, depending on whether there is a need to check baggage or obtain a boarding pass, they will be directed to either the first level or the second level pre-security corridor to proceed to the security checkpoint.
As a part of the center closure, many of our tenants have relocated during construction.
Please see below for new temporary locations:
- Barber Shop is now located on the second level of Terminal A
- SaySiBon has two new pop-up locations located on the first level of both terminals
- All Rental Car Counters are now located on the first level of Terminal B
- TSA Pre-✓® Enrollment Center is now located on the second level, near the security checkpoint
- Uniformed Security is now located on the second level of Terminal B